Jee Main 2014
In this article you will find all the information regarding Jee Main exam 2014. Here are the quick links:-
In 2012, after the recommendation of the MHRD, it was decided that for admission in top engineering colleges, like IITs, NITs, IITs and other major colleges, one single examination will take place i.e. JEE MAIN. This exam has done away with the earlier exams namely AIEEE & IIT JEE. Jee Main 2014 will take place in two phases: -
- Jee Main 2014
- Jee Advanced 2014
The first exam that will be conducted is termed as JEE Main 2014. The top 1,50,000 students will be eligible to give the JEE Advance exam. If you are targeting IITs you would have to give the JEE advanced exam too. However if you seek admission in NITs or IITs, you must note that a category wise AIR would be determined by giving 40% weightage to your scores in the 12th standard & 60% weightage would be given to the JEE main score. You must also note that the class 12th score will be normalized according to your position in your respective qualifying exam (class XII exam).
If you seek more information regarding the normalisation process then we suggest you to go through the following PDF documents –
Students seeking admission to IITs must note that they must be in their JEE Main rank must be in the top 1,50,000. Only then they will be eligible for jee advanced exam, which is necessary for admission to IITs. For all the information regarding JEE advanced, click here.
JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Students must carefully read the following criterions of eligibility.
- Only those candidates are eligible whose Date of birth is on or after October 1, 1999. However a relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates of the reserved category like SCs (Scheduled Caste), STs (Scheduled Tribes) & PWD Candidates.
- The students who will appear for their Qualifying exam in 2014 will be eligible for JEE main 2014. In addition students who had appeared in 2012 or 2013 are also eligible for the exam.
- The students must have passed in 5 subjects and should also have an aggregate of 50% or higher.
- Students who are looking to apply for BE/B. Tech courses must have passed in Physics, Mathematics and any one of Chemistry/Computer Science/ Biology/Bio Technology.
- Students seeking admission in B. Arch (link to wiki) must have appeared and passed in Mathematics with a score greater than 50%.
- The total no. of attempts has been restricted to 3. However some educational institutions might have different guidelines.
These are all the eligibility criterions for jee main. If you have any doubt or query regarding jee main eligibility don’t hesitate to drop a comment below, our team will get back to you with the solution.
Brief of Qualifying Examinations for JEE Main 2014
Following is the list of qualifying examinations that have been prescribed for Jee main exam.
Class XII exam conducted by any recognized State/Central Board of Secondary Examination.
Two-year Pre-University or Intermediate Examination conducted by a recognized University/Board.
Final Examination of Joint Services Wing’s two year course of National Defence Academy.
Any Board/Public/University Examination in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or India.
Vocational Examination conducted by HSC.
The Senior Secondary Examination organized by National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
AICTE or State Board of Technical Education Diploma
Jee Main 2014 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for jee main exam 2013 is explained below: -
There will be two papers Paper 1 & Paper 2
1) Paper 1- This paper will consist of objective type questions where in equal weightage will be given to questions of Math, Physics & Chemistry. The duration for this exam will be 3 hours.
2) Paper 2- This paper will consist of three parts namely Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test. The duration for this exam will be 3 hours.
Students seeking admission in B. Arch must give paper 2. Students are free to give both the papers however the cost for giving two papers will be more. For more information regarding exam fee please scroll down.
Jee Main 2014 Syllabus
We have published all the information regarding Jee main syllabus. To access click on the link .
The official dates for the JEE main exam have not been released. Given below are the expected dates for the exam. It must be noted that these dates are subject to change.
- Availability of Forms for Jee Main 2014 – 1st November 2013 onwards
- Submission of Application Forms online – 16th December 2013 to 23rd December 2013.
- Availability of Admit Cards – 28th February 2014 onwards
- Offline Exam – 6th April 2014
- Online Exam Window – 7th April 2014 to 24th April 2014
- Declaration of Result and Rank – 6th May 2014 to 10th May 2014
Note – The forms for JEE main 2014 will be filled and submitted online.
Here is the table shows you the expected jee main exam fee. The official announcement regarding the fee structure has not been made. The information provided below is subject to change.
Here we have some extra bit of information regarding Jee main 2014.
- The medium for paper will be English and Hindi. However on special request by the state the paper may be conducted in regional language.
- The students that had appeared in board examinations in the year 2013 can file for improvement in marks. This can be done giving the examination in all subjects again. The students will have the option to submit the marks of 2013 or 2014. It may be noted that students who wish to submit their improved score for Jee Main 2014, will be judged on the basis of top 20 percentile criteria as oppose to earlier 60% criteria for admission into IITs. For More information regarding the percentile refer to the above documents given in the Introduction Section.
- Any electronic gadget like iPod, Cellular Phone, Calculator etc. is strictly banned in the examination premises.
- The Jee Main Exam will have objective type questions. Each question will have 4 options out of which only one would be correct. If the candidate’s answer is wrong, he/she will have to face a negative credit of 1/4th of the marks allotted for the questions. Questions left unanswered will attract no negative marking.
This is all the information regarding Jee Main 2014. We will keep updating this section with more information, as and when available. If parents/students have any doubt regarding the exam they can post their questions in the comment box below.